Friday 25 April 2014

Work in progress

I'm really getting excited about being near to finishing the votes for women quilt top. I started this quilt back in August 2012. It was a block of the week for 49 weeks. I finally completed the last blocks earlier in the week and I've started putting the top together. Trimming the blocks took ages but was well worth it as it's making it so much easier to add the sashing.

I've stitched three of the rows together and have the remaining blocks all ready to piece with the sashing. I'm really pleased with how the rows are looking and can't wait to see the whole top.


I've already cut all the sashing but I still have the white cornerstones to cut. I love the purple that my daughter chose for the sashing, even if it does show up as blue in the photos.


I have also managed to complete my hexie block for the March rainbow scrap challenge.


My final job of the day was to cut up my scraps into usable sizes. This is just a small selection, I guess this could take some time.


There is still so much I need to get done. I have the binding of Jenny's quilt to finish stitching and I need to make the backing for the baby quilt. I haven't started my April NewFO or my 'Let's book it' project. They are both a little different to normal.

I hope you've had time to catch up on some of your projects this week.

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. I love the purple sashing. I cant wait to see it finished! And the flower fabric in your Hexie quilt is so pretty!! Have a great weekend. -April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and as far as scraps go...my pile is just scary! I see it and shiver, but I've got to do something with them, I cant stand to throw fabric out. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the projects that you've been working on, Lyndsey. I noticed that so many of the museums that I visited in the UK had displays relating to female suffrage...we even saw a scene for a film about female suffrage being filmed outside a building near Admiralty Gate when we were back in London last week.

    ReplyDelete