Wednesday 6 May 2015

WIP Wednesday

The weather here in London Uk has been wet and windy with sunny intervals. Having been caught in a heavy shower and nearly blown over walking to the car after work yesterday I decided to ignore the great outdoors and get on with my quilting. I finished the last bit of quilting on the 'Star Trek' quilt at lunch time and trimmed it ready to attach the binding. Before I can do that I have to find the safe place where I put the fabric I'm going to use. I also have lots of ends to sew in but that will be done while watching TV later. It won't be a finish this week as I hand stitch the binding to the back but it is a definite for next week.

Having folded that all away until later and decided to leave cleaning my machine until later as well I spent a little time working on the hand stitching. This has moved on quite quickly.



I've also cleared the table ready to cut up some of my scraps into 2 and half inch squares. I have 40 nine patch blocks to make for the snowball and nine patch quilt a long. The cutting will have to wait as I have Brownies to run this evening..




This Friday John and I are going to a party to celebrate my Uncle Terry's 50th wedding anniversary. Terry is my father's youngest brother and he looks so like my father did and also sounds the same as he did. It's a bit of a drive as they live in Cheshire but we have decided to stay overnight in the area so that we can go and visit Lyme Park on Saturday. Lyme Park was used for the exterior shots of Pemberley in the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. I'm not sure what I'm more excited about the 50th wedding anniversary party or visiting Lyme Park. Both are sure to be great fun. I haven't seen either of my brothers for ages and they are both invited to the party so I'm hoping they will be there. Unfortunately I have a pile of work bits that needs finishing before I leave work tomorrow evening so I need to get a wriggle on.

South facade of Lyme Park house, 2013.jpg
"South facade of Lyme Park house, 2013" by Julie Anne Workman - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:South_facade_of_Lyme_Park_house,_2013.jpg#/media/File:South_facade_of_Lyme_Park_house,_2013.jpg


I'm linking up with Monika at Needle and Thread Network

I hope you have a chance to work on one of your projects today.

Lyndsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment