Sunday 14 June 2015

Slow getting there

It seems ages since I last had time to sew or write a post. It's that time of year when students are submitting their final essays of the year and there's lots of marking. Today I said NO to work, I'm not missing another sewing day, I won't do it!  It made me feel good as I lifted my machine onto the table and got out my project bags.

First up was to sew the baby blue churn dash blocks for the June rainbow scrap challenge. At the moment I don't have very many blue scraps at all so I didn't have a lot of choice but I like what I ended up with. I had to use my phone to take the pictures as my camera has gone off for repair.


Next I wanted to finish the top for the baby quilt for Kate my work colleague. I don't know if she's had the baby yet but it's due about now.


I had to put the top on the floor to take the photo and Scamp decided to take a look. You can also see the horrid old victorian floor boards at the bottom of the picture. We have new flooring going down soon..Yipee. This top has now turned into a quilt sandwich and I'll try to get the quilting done this week. I still have three more baby quilts to make, one for a boy who has already been born and two for girls who are due in September. There really does seem to be a baby boom this year.

After that I settled down to finish sewing the binding onto the Star trek quilt. I'm very happy to report it is all done. I thought I'd sewn in all the ends from the quilting but I found some when I went to take the photo so I'll do that tomorrow. I can't wait to finally declare this one finished.

Last but not least I did a little stitching on the latest dog block. There's just one more to do after this one.


As you can see I haven't done very much yet but at least I've started it. I'm linking this post up with Kathy for Slow stitching Sunday

I hoping for more stitching time this week, I just need to get work back under control.

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. Your quilts are coming along nicely! I'm a teacher too, so I know how busy the end of the year is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun baby quilt!
    Every stitch counts!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a lot done on your forced sewing day. Sometimes you just have to make time for things you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blue churn dash blocks are lovely! And I love the bright, cheerful fabrics you've used in the baby quilt.

    I also really love your dog redwork block. I've had a bit of a browse through some of your older posts and this is going to be a really fun quilt when it's finished. I would love to have you come link this post up to my weekly Stitchery Link Party for all things hand embroidered. http://www.supermomnocape.com/2015/06/15/vintage-embroidery-monday-stitchery-link-party-10/

    I do hope you'll come join the fun!

    ReplyDelete