Tuesday 10 November 2015

Moving right along

Yesterday (Monday) was very tiring so as  a result I didn't do any sewing after I got home. However I did try to decide how to lay out the nine patch blocks I made last year for the rainbow scrap challenge. There are 48 blocks in total and they will finish at 6 inches I have solid white fabric for the sashing but I haven't finished cutting it out yet. I really wanted to try and sew some of the blocks together today after I made an additional block so I had a 7 by 7 layout. 





Over today I got on with the sewing on this quilt top. I am really pleased with how it has worked out. I think this top is finished but I did think about adding a border of one layer of two and a half inch squares. John likes is as it is and I think I agree but I might try laying out some squares along one side tomorrow to see what it looks like. The quilt top is 58 inches square.





If I decide this is finished as it is it will be put to one side for quilting later as I want to make the pieced blocks for the 'It's a dog's life' quilt.  I bought this as a kit but I'm not sure about the fabric since it is all patterned. I prefer to mix solids with patterns.



Earlier today John suddenly commented that I seem to be working on my older projects and trying to clear some of them. I thought John didn't notice the UFO's I've got  but it seems he does. Since he's noticed that I'd better assume he has an idea of all the little parcels that are being hidden in the house in preparation for Christmas. Maybe I need to find some new hiding places - my desks drawers at work seems a good option.




I've also been busy trying to finish the binding on the baby quilt. I  need to make another baby quilt but the parents don't know the sex of the baby so I can't start work on it at the moment. I have a monster panel that I added borders to a while ago and I want to finish the quilt. I will have to search through my stash to see if I have any appropriate fabric for the backing or several pieces that I could piece together. I have some quilts to go to project linus and I want to add the monster quilt to the group. 

All in all today has been a good day for sewing. I'm linking this post with Connie's Linky Tuesday party at Freemotion by the river Why not go and see what people have been making.

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The fabrics are all lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white sashing is perfect with your rainbow blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrappy quilt top is beautiful Lyndsey and too funny about hiding places for Christmas presents!!

    ReplyDelete