Monday 16 November 2015

On my design wall

As I wander around blogland I enjoy seeing what other people have on their design walls. At present I don't have a design wall or a dedicated area for sewing. I use the dining table to sew at and I usually lay out what I'm working on either on the floor or the table. As we slowly rearrange our house I am hoping to turn what was the girl's room into a sewing cum guest room. First Richard will be moving into this room for a while whilst he decorates his own room and builds himself a desk.

Anyway on my design table/floor  today I have the 'It's a dog's life' quilt. I have finished all 8 stitcheries 




I need to trim these blocks to 9 and half inches before I can add the sashing. That will have to wait until tomorrow night. The four bone blocks are all made.




I have the 5 inch squares of the red and white fabric already cut.



I have already drawn the line diagonally across the white squares and I'm ready to stitch the red and white together to produce half square triangles. They then need to become quarter square triangles.. Lots of sewing needed. My machine is all threaded and ready to go when I get home from work tomorrow. Having got this close to completing the top I really want to get on with it.

I have a new project in mind to start next week but I need to give it a little more thought. When I'm planning a new quilt I usually draw it out on a squared paper pad. John offered to buy me some software to help me design quilts but I like the old fashioned method better.

Here in the Uk we are expecting storms tomorrow. We tend to be lucky and miss much of the worst of them. I'm travelling by train tomorrow so I'll be taking hand stitching with me, just in case the train is delayed by the weather. I'm wondering if this is the start of the colder weather. I do love winter as you don't need an excuse to curl up in front of the TV with some stitching

I'm linking this post with Patchwork Times for design wall Monday. I hope you've had a good Monday where you are.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. What perfect fabric for your bone blocks! I look forward to seeing how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, you're coming down the home stretch. It's going to be so cute. Can't wait to see it. I have a design wall, but I never use it. If I worked on one project at a time, maybe, but I don't. The floor works best for me.

    ReplyDelete