Sunday 1 May 2016

A busy but fun day.

Saturday at last and the end of a very busy week. It's also a long weekend, Yipee. The weather has decided to be kind today and the sun has been shining. Occassionally a big dark cloud ambles across the sky but so far it hasn't rained. First thing I had to walk round to our vet as we needed more food for Scamp and Picasso plus I wanted to weigh Scamp. When we were on holiday he wasn't well for a couple of days and then was off his food for a few more days. As a result he lost half a kilogram which in a dog that only weighs 4 and a half Kg is quite a lot. I was very happy to find he'd put on some weight but still has a little way to go. 

Next we needed to go shopping as I wanted some things for Sunday lunch. Although the shops are all open on Sunday I try not to shop. Then it was time to walk Scamp. We went to Wandsworth common and I took the baby quilt with me so I could get a picture. The quilt was my goal for April and also my ' Lets book it' project this month again.

Dust Off Those Books

Although it hasn't rained today the ground was quite wet in places so it took a while to find somewhere suitable to take the picture.


I love the fishes fabric. The backing and the binding is the same fabric and the colours of the spots go so well with the main fabrics.


The baby quilt was my goal for April so I'm very pleased it's all finished.

grab button for RedLetterQuilts

Having said the quilt is all finished I do need to make a label for it. I haven't been labelling my quilts, mainly because our printer stopped working but now we have a new one and I can design and print one out. I'll be doing that this evening.

After taking Scamp for a walk I had space to make some blocks. I got behind with the blocks for the Splendid Sampler so I worked on these. I'm making all the blocks from my scraps. I've caught up with 4 of blocks so far and I'll make some more tomorrow. Only one orange block this week.






The colour in the first three is OK but in this last one the outer square is in fact purple!

After finishing those block put my machine away because Lucy arrived home from work. She started a new job on Tuesday and it was interesting to hear how she is getting on. After that there was dinner to cook and later I decided I wanted to do some painting. I have been reading a couple of art blogs during the week and it reminded me how much I like drawing and painting. The truth is I just like any kind of craft. It's such fun to have an idea and to be able to bring it to life.

I'm linking this post with Sharon for April's 'Lets book it' round up, Heidi for One monthly goal, Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday and So Scrappy for the final Saturday of orange.  I hope you've had some 'me' time today

Lyndsey

5 comments:

  1. Well done on the baby quilt and lots of lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive time you have had. Enjoy your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fishy quilt, so bright and cheerful. The back is indeed a perfect match. Lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt and lots of wonderful blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on this sweet and fishy finish! Lucky baby indeed!

    ReplyDelete