Tuesday 6 June 2017

One Monthly Goal


Last year I joined in with one monthly goal but this year I have let it slip. I found setting one goal a month helped me to move my projects forward and that of course meant I could start new projects as I finished up old ones. I've always loved starting new projects and in the past I didn't worry too much about the number of UFO's I had on the go but I'm a little more careful now. The main reason for this is the lack of storage space. I really don't have anywhere to store half finished projects. I have a wooden chest that has my overlocker sewing machine (serger) stored in it plus several projects and scraps. This helps keep some of my sewing under control but I then have to put other projects into any available space. This means I sometimes forget all about them plus it's hard to keep track of what you have to work on. I had planned to turn the one bedroom into a guest cum sewing room but them younger daughter moved back home, so that plan has been put on hold for the time being.

Now I have two new projects I want to start. I showed you some pictures of the one quilt but the other one is slowly coming together in my head. My younger brother has recently moved into a canal boat and I want to make him a boat themed quilt. In order to start these I need to finish up some items. I have a couple of things that need to move along but I've opted for the smallest project to finish this month as this should be easy to do whilst giving me the satisfaction of a finish. My goal is to finish my tote bag. I've done the quilting and stitched the side seams but there is still quite a bit to do as it is lined and has inner pockets. I haven't taken a picture recently so here is an old one of the fabric and pattern.


I'm linking this post with Elm Street Quilts for the June One monthly goal link up I've got some time to work on this goal at the weekend.

Lyndsey


2 comments:

  1. I find I can also achieve more with a list of goals. I even make a list of small goals to accomplish in a week. Sometimes I get a little carried away with what I think I can achieve but it keeps me organized. I will look forward to seeing your boat theme quilt that you will be making for your brother. And I know your tote will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having goals does keep me from getting distracted. A long list can feel like a lot of pressure though, and so having just one is a good place to start. Usually I can get that one thing done and then I feel as if I'm free to play.

    ReplyDelete