Sunday 16 July 2017

A Friday Finish

My Friday finish is a finish but not a quilting or sewing finish. My Friday finish was my last chemotherapy session. I've had 8 sessions in all, 7 of them at full dosage for my weight. For the last one the dosage was reduced to 90% as I've got neuropathy in my hands and feet (loss of feeling and at times hypersensitivity) as a side effect of the drugs I've received. This usually returns to normal over the next few months but I'll just have to be patient. Lucy and I celebrated the last session with tea and very tasty mini cup cakes will the drugs were infused. I've been very lucky as I have had too many side effects and I've been able to do most thing but at a slower pace. Stage 2, surgery is booked for the end of August after our Guide trip to Switzerland.

Over the last week I've been trying to get a little more organised, especially with my sewing and knitting projects. I made lists of all my projects I could remember and knew I wanted to complete and then I spent some time considering the order to work on them. My first decision was to work on John's jumper. He bought the yarn and pattern at the Stitching and Knitting exhibition last October but I've done very little knitting since the beginning of the year. I need to knit the second the second sleeve to be able to move this project on so on Tuesday evening I made a start. I'm still working on the increase rows but it is slowly growing. 




I found it easier knitting than working on the bag ladies. The stitching requires much finer hand movements. However I've been trying to complete bits on the three of the ladies. Mildred has moved forward this week, but only a little. I finished her scarf and gave her little french knots bubble curls.



I'm still not sure how to make her mouth look a little better. I've started on Beulah's hair and also her pink tot bag. I really want to work on the flowers but want to finish her hair fist.



I then put my bag with these two pieces down and couldn't remember where it was so I pulled out Ernestine and made a start on her hair.


Not much left to do on Ernestine. I'm looking forward to stitching the little dog.

I also stitched up some small bags to turn into bean bags for Brownies. I just need to buy some lentils to fill them.

Tomorrow I want to try and cut out some of the pieces to make the flying geese for my compass quilt. A couple of days after chemo my hands are a bit shaky so it will depend if I feel safe enough to use the rotary cutter. If not I do a little more knitting. At least the weather has cooled down a bit so it is reasonably comfortable to do the knitting.

Lyndsey

6 comments:

  1. That is definitely a finish worth celebrating with tea and cake :) Hope all goes well for you as you follow this healing process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely a finish worth celebrating with tea and cake :) Hope all goes well for you as you follow this healing process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased that your chemo sessions have finished, as you are too. And it's nice that you have time for your trip to Switzerland before the next part of treatment. Thinking of you as you continue along this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are a marvel with how you have handled this "journey"...inspiring to me.
    I love those perfect French knots and is Beulah's hair chain stitch. You do very neat tiny stitches...also admired by me. T.C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your chemo finish. It is certainly an event to celebrate. Looking forward to reading about your trip to Switzerland. Your bag ladies continue to look charming. Your knitting is also coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo for that finish to chemo! That's gotta feel good. Hope the surgery goes well. Your bag ladies are looking great. I love what you did with Mildred's hair.

    ReplyDelete