Sunday 6 August 2017

A warm slow Sunday

Yesterday was a busy day with the sewing machine as I finished making 80 flying geese and started to sew them together into the four borders. I still have four cornerstones to piece but I decided to stitch the borders together first. This way I can alter the fabrics I use in the cornerstones should I end up with a colour clash or the same fabric next to each other. When sewing the geese together to form the borders most of the points stayed nice and sharp which I'm pleased about.




Apart from the sewing and some ironing, yesterday was a very slothful day. I took it really slowly and enjoyed my sewing. I didn't venture out except to hang the washing on the line. In the evening we went over for dinner with Kathryn and Olly, which was delicious. This made for a very restful and  pleasant day. This was in contrast to Friday which seemed to have me hurrying around all day. I had my pre assessment check prior to surgery and all my blood results etc were fine. Surgery will be on the 25th August and I should only need to stay in one night. If I'm lucky enough to be first on the list I could go home that day. Once home we took Scamp for a walk over the common and then I needed to do some grocery shopping. It was a relief to sit and do some hand stitching on Mildred during the evening.

That brings me to today and we have already been out for a walk with Scamp. He is currently stretched out on the settee asleep in the sun. Picasso is asleep on the back of the armchair that I'm sitting in. I'm rewarding myself with an hours hand stitching having completed a few jobs this morning. I'm still working on Mildred but I'm hoping to get her finished by tomorrow evening. So I'll do an hour now and then continue this evening. Later this afternoon I'll do a little more work on making the flying geese borders and I may even get them attached to the quilt. Anyway here's where I've got to with Mildred. I've still got a lot of spots to do on her apron and she certainly needs a good press.



I'm linking this post with Kathy for her  Slow Stitching Sunday  Why not visit and see what everyone is working on.

Hope you've  had a good weekend and you have some  time for sewing this week.

Lyndsey

6 comments:

  1. I love Mildred...she's got my number...ice cream and fabric! Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a long process, isn't it. Now you have the date for your surgery, the time will be here before you know it. Aren't you having a holiday between now and then? My thoughts are with you, keep on with your slow stitching, rest and recover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mildred is looking great! Your flying geese are so pretty. I made an entire quilt of them and I know that getting those points sharp can be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks good Lyndsey. I love your scrappy geese. Your surgery is coming right up. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Hope all goes well on the 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the quilt your puppy is laying on. Great piece you are stitching on

    ReplyDelete