Monday 10 October 2022

Normal service resumed following illness

I'm feeling rather battered and weak having spent the last 3 weeks (since 18th September) feeling really unwell. Having avoided the dreaded covid and having had 4 doses of vaccine I got ill. One of the students admitted coming in university although they knew they were covid positive and the rest is history. I'm pleased I'd had all the vaccines as I think I might not be here if I hadn't. I don't remember much of the first week but got excellent care from my family. Now I'm feeling very tired but ready to move on. I've been doing a little work on the computer today (Saturday) and I'm going to do some sewing a little later on. I will be asking Richard or Lucy to lift my machine onto the table as I'm not sure I can manage it but I am determined to have a fun time with some fabric. It will certainly be very soothing.

I was slowly organising myself for some sewing when Katy and little Aubrey arrived. I was really surprised how much Aubrey had grown and developed since I'd last seen him. He can now sit himself up and 'talks the whole time'.  Katy wanted a new pencil case so I offered to make her one. A nice easy project for the day. I offered Katy a range of fabrics and she chose some batiks. This was a nice quick project but by the time I'd finished I felt really tired so had to have a nap. 



The pouch is slightly bigger to accommodate the extra pens she has for the children who have lost or forgotten their. 

Later in the day I took some time out to do some hand stitching on the Christmas stitchery. I didn't do very much but at least I've made a start.


On Sunday Lucy, Richard and I went over to Katy and Oliver's new house. They moved in last week and they are still trying to get everything straighten out. I took my small sewing machine with me as Katy wanted some curtains altering. It took a couple of hours but by the time we left the curtains were hanging up at the window. I have agreed to make new curtains as they work through the rooms, redecorate and make it their own.

I went into work today and felt OK but tired. I'm taking things slowly but I hope to make time to work on my projects. I've already planned Friday as my sewing day for this week. I also need to catch up on my blog reading. I'll start that tomorrow. I need to catch up with what's been going on in blogland.

Take care

Lyndsey



4 comments:

  1. Oh, no!! Sorry to hear that you were so sick, but glad that you are now on the mend, Lyndsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you’ve been sick. Glad to hear you’re feeling better. We’ve had all our vaccines, and still managing to avoid it. I’ve read the number of people avoiding it is dwindling. I haven’t been able to leave comments on your blog (and a few others) except anonymously. Can’t sign in. Try using a name and URL, and it says my URL is invalid. So I’ve taken to using my name Barbara at Cat Patches. Hope you continue feeling better day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry to hear you've been poorly & was going to email you, but I had a fall with very bad bruising to my ribs, chest and knees, and a chunk out of the heel of my hand, so got rather slack with everything. I love the pencil case & the stitchery is coming along again. Please take it easy till your full health returns & big hugs from down under.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to read that you have been so unwell. I wonder how many others also caught Covid from the student, such an selfish and dangerous thing to do, attending classes knowing you are Covid positive. Dont push yourself too much, it will be hard enough returning to a working week, I would think.

    ReplyDelete