The week has been rather busy but unfortunately not with sewing. I kept planning for a 'nothing but sewing' day but other priorities got in the way. However I have managed to complete the main embroidered blocks for the Noah's ark quilt. Yesterday I trimmed the blocks and added a border. I laid them out on the floor to take a photo
I'm really happy with how the blocks look and I love the rainbow paw print fabric. I'm hoping to get the rest of this quilt top finished over the next couple of days. Before I can do that I need to stitch the last block which is a continuation of the rainbow across the top. That is all hooped up and ready to go. This is stitched using chain stitch.
The last couple of evenings I've started some knitting. Katy wanted a baby blanket and I offered to knit one. She didn't want it knitted in white or a pastel colour and in the end choose red.
I love this pattern and have knitted it a couple of times before but never in red. The photo below is rather dark but I can't find a better one at the moment.
I'm also cutting the pieces for the butterfly for the second baby quilt I'm working on. I'm hoping to get that all done today and then I can get on with the butterfly blocks. I haven't done any quilting on the Austen family quilt. It's a very large quilt and I'm concerned that sometimes bits of it slide off the table. Missy loves to tug at things at the moment so I need a puppy free space to work on it.
Missy is difficult to take a photo of since her fur is so dark but the one below does show how her fur is starting to develop into curls. At the moment her fur seems to be going in all directions. She had a trip to the vet yesterday for her first vaccinations. The vet told me she would be sleep today but that hasn't happened yet. I'm hopeful I may get a quiet afternoon.