Yesterday was a planning day. I am taking part in the White rabbit blog hop later in January and I needed to get the design finalised and spend time cutting some fabric. Once that was organised I prepped another new project. This involves small log cabin blocks. There were quite a few 1 inch strip to cut.
This will make an 18 x 14 inch cushion. There are 12 small log cabin blocks on the front and then a border. To make the small blocks the pattern uses this gridded Vlieseline which I hadn't come across before. I think it will prove useful in making a small quilt for my doll's house . It looks easy to use to make the blocks and I like trying new things so this should be fun.
I also did a bit of reorganising in my sewing cupboard and found the indigo quilt I started a while back. It had got hidden behind my overlocker (serger). I don't appear to have taken a photo of it so I can't show it to you. I wonder if I could be more organised in 2024, not losing items and getting projects finished? It sounds very doable but being really organised takes a lot of time. I thought I might make a plan to work on some of the projects in rotation. At the moment I have several quilts I am working on or want to start and other stitching projects.
1. Grandmothers Garden. This is all hand stitched and is now also quite heavy. It would be great to finish this in 2024. It will therefore be my aim to make good progress but not necessarily finish.
2. Red manor House Quilt. I have most of the blocks for the next round cut but need to stitch them together. I would like to progress this project over the year, completing the next two rounds if possible.
3. Indigo Quilt. I love the colours of the fabric and how the shapes work together. I have started this small quilt but haven't got very far and I haven't taken a photo of it yet. I want to progress this quilt.
4. Double wedding ring. I have always wanted to make a ring quilt and this is going to be the year that I start it. I may or may not use this pattern. Decisions, decisions.
5. Dinosaur quilt. I have the fabric all cut and carefully labelled for each block. I want to start this quilt this year. This is a lot more organised than I've been before.
7. I want to start the stitching on this table cloth. It reminds me of my younger self when visitors would come with their knitting or stitching and afternoon tea and cake would be served. The big hotels in London serve afternoon tea with little sandwiches, scones and cream and cake but it is expensive so I'd rather enjoy the experience at home with family, especially in the summer when we can sit in the garden.
8. Crocheted squares. During covid I crocheted a lot of squares and now I need to join them all together to create a blanket. I might need to make some more squares as I'm not sure how big the blanket will be. I have more squares than shown in the photo.
9. Cat cross stitch. I started this quite a while ago and want to get it finished. I used to really enjoy cross stitch but these days I prefer other forms of embroidery.