Monday 9 January 2023

This weeks stitching project

I know it's January but why is it so cold and wet. It just keeps on raining and the puddles are like small lakes! On the upside this afternoon it did stop raining for about 30 minutes, the sun came out and there was a beautiful rainbow. I don't know why but rainbows always make me happy.

In my last post I told you I was trying to spend at least 15 minutes a day hand stitching or some sort of stitching. Last week I worked on the grandmother's garden quilt and I'm pleased with the progress I made. Since I have several hand stitching projects I decided to change the project I'm working on each week. Last year I started on a piece of redwork with a Christmas theme. I was getting on fairly well with this piece but then I fell and in the process hurt my right hand and elbow. Hand stitching was painful especially if I had been using the computer during the day. This is the point I'd reached when I last worked on it.


If I keep up my 15minutes (or more) stitching a day I should finish this by the end of the week. That would be great as my aim this year is to finish projects before I start the next one. I have several hand stitching projects that need to be completed but I also have several new projects to start plus I want to join in with the little stitcheries that Meg from Crabapple Hill Studios runs in February. I must admit I still have a couple of the bird houses to finish from last years event.

This evening I enjoyed stitching whilst watching some TV. Missy had worn herself out with playtime and was snoozing at my feet. A perfect evening after a busy day. Here's how it looks this evening.


The first week for 2023 was good for stitching with 15 minutes or more of stitching  on 5 of the last 7 days. I'm linking with Kate from Life in pieces for her 15 minutes a day link up.

Take care

Lyndsey


4 comments:

  1. Lovely & I look forward to seeing how you go with your projects. I must try and get back into a routine or working out what I want to finish this year & start, as I know of a few babies coming & have lots of wild ideas buzzing around in my head. Hope winter eases for you & I'd love to send you some heat. It is supposed to be 38 deg. here on Friday. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our weather is like yours. Rain, rain, rain. Barbara @ Cat Patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've not had much rain the last few weeks and we could certainly use some. Congrats on finding time to stitch last week, hope this week goes as well. Thank you for linking up with 15 minutes to stitch. I hope it helps keep you motivated this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, do hope your hand injury improves very soon. I've been a little slow on my stitchery recently, but then, we are on a caravan holiday. Things to see, places to go.

    ReplyDelete