Sunday, 13 September 2026

Playing catchup... and a finish.

This last week has been fun in places but a nightmare in others. This time of year is very busy preparing for an influx of new students but my final year students don't finish until the beginning of October. It will all settle down into a comfortable routine again somewhere in mid to late October. Meanwhile trying to fit in sewing and other crafts can be difficult.  However I have managed to fit some stitching in this week.

I decided to work on my embroidered table cloth and the Star Trek cross stitch alternate weeks. This last week was the table cloth. I didn't get as far as I wanted but there is progress. This is how it was at the begiinning of the week ....


and now. Not alot of difference but I have filled in some bits. I'll pick this up again next Sunday.


I've got the Star Trek cross stitch in the living room ready for any free moments to stitch. This is it as I start the week.


I have also done a little work on the celtic knot book mark. I have been carrying this in my handbag so I can stitch on it in odd moments.


Yesterday was a sewing day. John had gone on a walk with friends and I'd opted to stay home as I wanted to finish my red blouse. It took most of the day as I unpicked the sleeves from the body as they were not sitting properly. Once reinserted they were fine but I still needed to work on the collar, make button holes, make the sleeve cuffs and sew on buttons. Getting the sleeve right was a pain but I'm now very happy with them. I didn't have anyone to take a photo of me modelling the blouse so I've taken it on my mannakin. This will be coming with me next weekend, as we are away. It fits well and I'm looking forward to wearing it. It is so good to have finished it.


I also did some work on the cat cushions. I decided to stitch round the individual panels and I'm going to quilt round the cats with embroidery thread.


This afternoonI I plan on drawing out these two patterns. I like this pattern brand. They are easy to make and look and feel really good when wearing the outfit. I like to copy the pattern rather than cut the pattern to the size I need as this makes it easier when making any alterations / adjustments and the pattern can be use by someone else.


I also want to improve my dressmaking skills as I love making my own clothes and I would love to be better at making alterations to make the fit better.

This week at work should be a little calmer so maybe I'll have more time to play with fabric. For now I'm going to find my black threads so I can stitch round the cat shapes and hopefully get the cushions finished.

Take care

Lyndsey


No comments:

Post a Comment