Tuesday 4 March 2014

March Goals

A Lovely Year of Finishes

Last month was a bit of a disaster area for goals as I didn't complete any at all. Never mind they aren't written in tablets of stone. They are just a list of things I'd like to do if I get the time. February was a short month and we had several social events plus outing so sewing had to take second place. After all who turns down fun social activities for a little solitary stitching? OK so I have in the past especially when I've been a little stressed and wanted to relax. However this month was different. With all the rain and miserable weather we have had getting out and meeting up with friends helped lift the spirits.

Because I didn't complete my goal for February I am rolling it over to this month and adding a second goal. So I want to completely finish my bird quilt. This is very close to completion and I will post photos then.

My second goal is to finish the quilt my daughter wants to give her friend for her birthday. 


Currently there are two blocks completed. This one which I have posted before and one I made yesterday.


This could be an over ambitious goal as all weekends this month are very busy but I do have sewing time during the week. 

There are other things I would like to do such as start a NewFO and I need to finish my project for the ruffles hop and catch up with the row along I've joined. I'm not really behind with that as the row was only posted on the 20th February.

So with these goals in mind I'm going to link this post with Melissa from Sew Bittersweet Designs for the Lovely Year of Finishes goals link and then I'm off to get my machine running. I think the motto of the month must be stay calm and sew.

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. I find I have to remind myself sometimes that stitching is my hobby not a chore!

    ReplyDelete