Saturday 22 March 2014

Having a really good day

We were up early this morning as John had agreed to help at the church open day event. The morning was beautiful with lots of sun so By 7.45 Scamp and I had set out on his walk. We walked round Wandsworth Common and were out for about an hour and a half. The sun was still shining as we walked home but an hour later it was hailing. In all over the day we experienced sun, hail, rain wind and thunder. I would have been upset if I'd planned to spend the day outside but the weather didn't matter since I was spending the day sewing.

I decided to make the rest of the blocks for the quilt Lucy is giving to her friend for her birthday. This is the pattern Lucy had chosen and some of the fabric she pulled.


I'd already made 2 of the blocks and now I have 11. The final block is all applique and I'll make that tomorrow. Here are the blocks.


The block on the right still has a heart to be appliqued onto the center.





The block on the left also has some applique to be added.


I'm very pleased with the blocks as I managed to get most of the points really accurate. I still need to trim the blocks before I add the sashing.

Tomorrow I want to finish the bird quilt and  do the applique blocks for this quilt. I still need to catch up with the row along so I may try to fit this in as well.

For now I'm going to sit and watch a little TV whilst doing some knitting.It's a good job John isn't in a rush for his jumper as I still have to finish the front and the sleeves.

I hope you've had a good Saturday, I really had a good time. I'm hoping tomorrow will be as productive.

Lyndsey.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to this finished,the colours are beautiful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks, I am looking forward to seeing the applique :)

    ReplyDelete