I'm sorry I've been unable to post for the last week but I've been having various technical problems. First of all my computer wouldn't connect to the internet. John and Richard bought me a lovely new computer for my birthday last December. My old one was still working well for everyday tasks using the office package but its touch pad and internet connection was broken. The touch pad wasn't a problem as I prefer to use a wireless mouse anyway but not being able to go on line was a big issue. My new one is beautiful and hasn't caused any problems until the end of May when I just couldn't access the internet. At first I thought it was our network but since Richard and John were happily connected I realised it was my computer. Richard is excellent with computers and tried every possible ploy to make it work, short of taking the back off it as I didn't want to invalidate my warranty. All to no avail and so my computer has gone off to the repairers. When I phoned the company they told me to back everything up and then press the emergency reset key. That didn't do anything so they made the diagnosis of a hardware problem.
As if that wasn't enough my sewing machine has been playing up. It started with the tension being a bit iffy (highly technical terms are my speciality) when I was free motion quilting but then it started playing up on the straight stitches. So my machine has gone off to the hospital as well. Lucy's machine is at home so I can use this for straight sewing.
So for the last few days I have been being miserable as I couldn't find the cable for my little mini notepad computer and it was dead. Finally I've found it and with the notepad fully recharged I can get back on line. Unfortunately I've missed the end of the month link ups but I'll give you a run down on how last month went and my plans for this month.
As far as my objectives for May went I had a poor month. I still haven't finished the top of my 'Votes for women' quilt and I didn't do any work on the millennium sampler. However I did get other things done. I finished two baby quilts. This first one for Thomas.
and the second for Arthur who is due in August.
I used the same green fabric from the sashing as the backing on this quilt. I knitted a blanket for Arthur as well.
I spent quite a lot of time cutting my scraps into usable pieces and the Brownies have been working very hard to sew the charm squares into 9 patches for making into quilts for charity. We are hoping to have at least four tops made by the end of term so I can quilt them over the summer.
I've spent the last few evenings doing some knitting. I started a jumper for John in double knitting wool. I completed the back quite some time ago but haven't touched it for a while as I was knitting the baby blanket. I'm almost at the neck now. It's not the easiest pattern to do and watch TV as it has cables in it.
Unfortunately knitting doesn't seem to look very interesting until you have finished it.
So goals for the month;
1. Finish 'Votes for women' top
2. Make Rainbow Scrap Challenge blocks. This months colour is yellow.
3. Finish 'star trek' quilt top.
I'm keeping this month simple and hoping I can complete them. Now I'm off to upload my camera software onto this notepad so I can upload my photos easily.
Here in London we are enjoying a lovely hot summer day. Hope the weather is good where you are.