Saturday 3 September 2016

September Plans

September rather crept up on me. one minute I was enjoying holiday time and then it's suddenly September and time for a new group of students to start. At this rate it will be Christmas before I know it. As I'm getting rather behind with my quilting projects I need to make some plans to stay on track. I need to be incredibly organised this year as I am basically working full time from October and that doesn't leave a lot of time for sewing.  With this in mind I decided I needed to boost my sewing in September while I have a chance, so I am setting myself several goals.

1. Finish quilting the 9 patch scrappy quilt.


Today I have been quilting the blocks and I am now over halfway. That will still leave the sashing to do and the binding but one way or another this quilt is being finished this month.

This is my one monthly goal and the one that must be finished if at all possible.


2. Quilt Buddy's quilt. 



I have the backing and the wadding so I need to put it all together. At the very least I want to make up the quilt sandwich ready to start the quilting next month.

3. It's a dog's life quilt


Again this quilt is all stitched and ready to be prepared for quilting. I would like to get it all prepared so I can quilt it during November. Between now and then I need to decide how I want to quilt it.

4. Cross stitch the Celtic Knot bookmark


This is only a small piece and I should be able to finish it, especially as I have several train journeys in my future. I will probably use this as a Christmas gift but I haven't finally made up my mind as I love Celtic Cross patterns and I need a new bookmark!

5. Catch up with the RSC 2016


This year I'm making granny square blocks and at the moment I'm a couple of months behind on the colours. 

I think that's enough to be going on with after all I've got to be realistic. If I should finish the bookmark I'll switch in the Christmas tree cross stitch or the millennium sampler.

I'm linking this post with Heidi at Red Letter Quilts for her One Monthly Goal link party.

Here in London it's raining so I going back to my quilting. I've already taken Scamp for his walk and I have no need to stop for a little while. 

Lyndsey


4 comments:

  1. Your 9-patch scrappy quilt is so bright and happy! The colors just make me smile! Lovely job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrappy nine patch is very colourful and fun. Good luck finishing it. For me I think I'll be busiest in September at least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an ambitious list. Love your redwork. Those are so much fun to stitch. Your scrappy nine-patch is adorable too. What a great way to use up scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is about the sweetest Granny Square ever.

    Looking forward to your Scrappy Nines - Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete