Sunday 4 June 2023

A little slow stitching


 Welcome to June. The weather here in London UK has become nice and warm and flowers are blooming everywhere. I love this time of year.

Although I have been on holiday this week I've had very little time for sewing due to trying to finish some marking and other work bits I needed to catch up on. I did have time to do some shopping, walking and just generally chilling out. One thing I did do was to pull out  my collection of slow stitching projects and picked two that I will work on to try and get them finished this year. 

The first one is cattitudes. I've already completed the cats rear quarters and tail. Today I started work on the neck and head of the cat. This is going to be  a straightforward piece to finish but that doesn't mean it will be a quick finish.  I'm going to alternate working on this piece with the second project.


This one is also a cross stitch and is called Calendar bears. There are 12 different bears to stitch, one for each month. I started in the middle of the piece, working on June which is a bear in a wedding dress. It is the only part of this pattern I've done any work on. This means I have a lot of stitching to do.


Many years ago I used to do a lot of cross stitch. especially when I was working a night shift on a very quiet ward. We were allowed to do some knitting or stitching so long as we did regular rounds of the patients every 15 minutes. I found the stitching movement caused repetitive strain injury in my right wrist and that affected my pleasure in cross stitch. I must remember to stop before my wrist starts to hurt!

I'm working on the cat first as this is so nearly finished. I'll show you next weekend how far I've got. I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts  for her Slow Sunday Stitching. I wonder if I could complete this piece this week?

Take Care

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Both cross stitch pieces look lovely & I'll enjoy your progress over the coming months. I too used to like doing cross stitch, but find it hard on the eyes these days. I do have a Morris Minor one that I think about every now & then. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are so pretty. I used to do cross-stitch. I’ve done a little in the past several years, but I’m usually doing embroidery. Your projects are very cute. Barbara@CatPatches

    ReplyDelete