Monday 18 September 2023

It's a dog's life.

 



It's September 18th and the start of the 'It's a dog's life' blog hop. Thank you Carol for organising the hop and I love the badge for this event. 

We have a dog who keeps us all amused and happy. Missy is a cockerpoo who came to join the family in April 2022 as a nine week old puppy.


She replaced Scamp who had shared our home for 15 years and still has a special place in our hearts. She is a very loving dog and likes everyone to be together. She loves long walks and lying in muddy puddles!


I set out to make 3 projects for Missy. The first one was a simple draw string bag. I needed a bag to keep her harness and leads together. This was simple  to make. I used animal paw print fabric for one side and in the absence of dog fabric chose a bright giraffe print.





Everyone now knows exactly where to find Missy's lead and harness and it saves time when taking her out.

My next make was a new mat to sit under her water and food bowls. Missy decided it was comfortable enough to lie on


I used dog fabric for the one side and animal paw prints on the reverse. I tried machine stitching the binding but it wasn't very neat. Missy doesn't mind. We use a mat under her bowls because Missy loves to get her paws in the water bowl and splash it around. A mat helps to soak up any spilt water. I had fun playing with the quilting making some of it geometric shapes and also quilting a rose.


Finally I started Missy's quilt. When I tidied my sewing cupboard I found 4 star blocks that I made some time ago. I added some nine square blocks to make a square quilt top.


This is a lovely bright quilt top. I'm not going to add a border as it covers Missy's sleeping mat very well. I already had the backing fabric - the paw prints but needed the batting. I visited my favourite quilt shop this weekend and stocked up on batting so I will be able to finish this quilt quickly.


My son is looking forward to this quilt being finished. Missy has taken to pulling his quilt off his bed so she can lie on it . She has fully grasped just how comfortable and cosy a quilt can be. Scamp always like to be tucked up in his basket with his quilt. Meanwhile she has decided to make use of the quilt on the settee. she often goes to sleep with something in her mouth, usually a sock! The fur on her back is black but the sun is catching it in patches and making it look white.


I hope you enjoyed your visit and will come and visit again soon. Now you need to go and visit the other blogs taking part in this hop, there is sure to be a lot fun things to see, Here is the schedule.


15 comments:

  1. Great projects! Missy is adorable, and I'm sure she'll really love her new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like that sweet baby sure knows how to enjoy her "Quilty" home. What a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy is lucky dog to be spoiled by all your fun projects. She looks so cute and comfy on her new quilt. Thank you so much for sharing all this sweetness, Lyndsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects! Thank s much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missy got quite a lot out of this blog hop - a harness holder, placemat and a quilt. What a lucky doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute projects! Missy is one lucky puppy! And I'm not surprised that she loves quilts ... she KNOWS the love that goes into them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects! Such a cute dog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little cutie~ and such fun projects! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of the goodies you have made to let Missy know what a terrific Dogs Life she has. The mat for her food and water is a great idea. I haven't introduced our new dog to quilts yet. He inherited afghans that I made back in the day for the dogs that came before him and is using them well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful gifts for your dog. I love that paws print fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful projects for your dog! I hope she likes the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Missy is definitely living her best life! I can tell she loves living in a quilter's house. All of your projects are great. I really need to make a bag to keep my pup's leash in. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your projects. Missy is adorable! She reminds me of my mom's dog Bandit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Missy! That mud photo is so funny. Great gift projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Missy is just gorgeous! And so are all the projects you made for her :) xx

    ReplyDelete