Thursday 1 November 2012

October NewFO


I am linking this post with Barbara at Cat Patches who has a brilliant monthly linky party about the new projects you have started in the month. No quilt here about not having finished an old project just joy at starting another quilting project. I love starting new things and I am really lucky as I don't have many unfinished projects.

So what have I started new this month. Well first I have linked with grandmothers choice to take part in the Votes for Women block of the week quilt. This started on September 1st but I didn't start my blocks until 5th October.  One of the blocks - Kansas sunflower caused me several problems but I managed to make a passable version of it. I may redo it in the future.


So by the 5th October I had also completed,


 and since then I have made,




I am making the quilt for my older daughter as she is a staunch supporter of women's rights.I am using green white and violet / purple fabric for the blocks as these were the colours of the Women's Social and Political Union in the UK of which my grandmother was a member.

I am still one block behind and the next is due on Saturday. I love all the history that is included with this block of the week. On Saturday I make myself a cup of tea and enjoy the read.

This month I also took part in the Wicked Blog hop and for this I made a table runner. You can read about what I did here. This was a start and a finish in the month.


Since the blog hop it has looked very seasonal on my dinning table. 

I had several other projects that I had hoped to start but my work and two trips away got in the way of my stitching. I shall be starting the first of these projects on Saturday so that means I will definitely have something to share for November NewFO link up.

For now I am off to the kitchen to bake a cake having just read Barbara's post at Cat patches about making a Maple-Glazed Pumpkin-Cranberry Coffee Cake. Yum, how delicious does that sound. Why not pop by and see what everyone else has started during October by either clicking here or using the NewFO button on the right of this post.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a great job on that sunflower block. I gave up on that project because I don't have the software, and the blocks seemed too difficult to do without it. Yours are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are stunning! I know your daughter will treasure that quilt! I want to try that cake, too....it looked wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks. Really love your Wicked table runner. Sew cute!

    ReplyDelete