Tuesday 4 February 2014

A lovely day spent sewing.

This morning the weather was clear and bright so John, Scamp and I were able to enjoy a walk across the common. There was still a lot of standing water where there should have been grass but it wasn't as deep as it has been. Although it was bright it was cool at about 4 degrees C. As we were heading home we saw an area of crocuses bravely fighting the odds against the rain and the cold.

Once home I quickly got my machine set up and spent the rest of the afternoon sewing. I finished up all the blocks for the row along.


I love the way these blocks look.

I also made 5 more blocks for my Votes for Women quilt. First this one,


The blue is actually violet. Next there was this one,


Number 3


Number 4,

and 5. For some reason when I started making this one I totally forgot I had to match the points. Guess I'll unpick and remake another day.


I don't seem to have done much but the cutting for the blocks takes ages. Tomorrow I have to work but on Thursday I have a morning free to sew.

Hope you've had a chance for some sewing.

Lyndsey

5 comments:

  1. You had a very busy sewing day and got a lot accomplished. I love all the blocks for the Vote for Women quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an ideal day. Your row a long blocks are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely way to spend an afternoon.It was nice and bright her in Coventry too,but the same as you there's lots of water about and more on its way.
    Love the vote for women blocks and the colours you have chosen.love the row of blocks too.Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks, Lyndsey! Glad the weather cleared up a bit for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how much time we spend in activities which aren't ot actually sewing, like choosing fabric, ironing, cutting, pinning, pressing...!

    ReplyDelete