Tuesday 4 February 2014

January NewFO, and February Goals


It's already February and I haven't posted about my January NewFO yet. In fact last month I started 2 NewFO projects but I only managed minimal work on the main one. Project one is a quilt being made as a row along with Sherry from Quilts, Fabric and Thread Tales. The row is released on the 20th of the month and there are 6 rows in the quilt. The row along started in January.


The row consists of 4 identical blocks This is block 1 of the row and I still have 3 blocks to finish but all the half square triangles are done. I'm not working today so I will finish them up then.

My second NewFO for January was to start my Double Wedding Ring quilt. I am using the McCalls Vintage pattern from the Annual 1999/2000 issue which can be found here. This is my January 'Let's book it' project.

 

The 'Let's Book it ' challenge is the brain child of Sharon from Vroomans Quilts. I'm going to try and link this challenge with my NewFO challenge each month.

So what have I done on my Double Wedding Ring Quilt so far. All I have to show is one arc (only 97 to make). I'm making the arcs in solid colours but I'm not sure if I want the colours to be random or the same in each arc. Some of the colours in the photo are not true to life which is a shame.



The arcs are made using paper piecing and this is a technique I'd never tried before. So this was my something new for the 'Something Old, Something New' challenge that Lynne is hosting on Never Too Hot to Stitch. I have also been working on my Project for the 'Hugs and Kisses Blog Hop'  starting on the 12th February which is a paper piecing project. My only complaint with paper piecing is it seems wasteful on fabric. Otherwise it works fine and makes a very accurate block. Sorry no peeks on my project for the hop, come back on the 13th to see what I've made.

My Something old for Lynne's challenge was to complete my green and pink baby quilt. This quilt was my second finish of the month.


My goal for Lynne's challenge and ALYOF 2014  in February is to complete my Birds quilt.


I'm looking forward to getting this quilt finished.

I'm not sure yet what my 'Something New' will be for February but I already know my NewFO and the book the pattern is from!

I'm linking this post with Melissa at Sew Bittersweet Designs for the February ALYOF goal setting party, Barbara at Cat Patches for her January NewFO party, Lynne at Never Too Hot to Stitch for her 'Something Old, Something New'  January link party and Sharon at Vrooman Quilts for her 'Let's Book It' link. It's great having friends so many parties to go to.

I'm off to take Scamp for a walk as the weather here is clear and bright at the moment. Then i'm getting on with a some sewing. I hope you all have a great day.

Lyndsey

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in my Row Along Lyndsey, your colors are great, it will be fun to follow along with your progress.I am really interested in your wedding ring, and the baby quilt is so sweet. Can't wait to see how you quilt the birds. Looks like you are going to have a busy fun month of quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for bright and sunny! Our weather has cooled from 35*C+ to about 28*C but I'm sure summer will return soon as we are now into the hottest, most humid month of the year.

    I wasn't sure if you meant English paper piecing or foundation/paper piecing but I'm assuming the latter. We are going to do a project using that technique in class starting later this month. Your bird quilt looks like fun, it certainly made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty block, Lyndsey. And I love your bird quilt. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bird fabric with those blues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. certainly some lovely projects lined up there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very ambitious double wedding ring, but will be so fun in the solids. Love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects... I really love those birds!

    ReplyDelete