Friday 26 September 2014

A little catch up sewing.

At the beginning of the month I realised I had got a little behind with the blocks for the Rainbow scrap challenge and well behind with the blocks for the Austen family album. I also wanted to finish the star trek quilt top for Richard.  The blocks for the star trek quilt are almost done but at the moment I can't complete the top as I need some fabric for the borders. I hadn't originally intended adding a border but I'd like the quilt to be just a little bit bigger.

Over the month I've worked on the rainbow challenge blocks. First I completed the four 9 patch blocks. These finish at 6 inches square. The colour this month was orange. These blocks are all the same size but I was holding the camera at an angle and it has altered the perspective.




Next I made the orange hexi block,



I love the pumpkin fabric. Next the red hexi block from a previous month.




Finally I made four blocks for the Charming Stars sew along taking place over at Terry's Treasures For the sew along you work at your own pace so I made four blocks this month . I haven't decided what size quilt to make so I need to think about this before next month as that may alter the number of blocks I make.



The pattern uses charm packs and I have a couple of packs I wanted to use plus some charm squares I was gifted. As the packs aren't all the same fabric line this is going to be another scrappy quilt. Not a problem as I love scrappy. I must find a project box for these blocks as they have already got scrunched up by being put in my scrap box.

The next job is to catch up on the Austen family album blocks. I have only done 3 or 4 blocks so I am way behind. Also I have a pinafore dress to finish.Hopefully this will be a busy sewing weekend.

Here in London we are enjoying some great weather. It is warm and sunny during the day although a little chilly at night. I've been spending time outside whilst the weather holds. There will be lots of time for sewing as it gets colder. Although it's warm autumn has already started to change the colour of the leaves. Today I collected lots of conkers. Many of the girls at Brownies have never played conkers so we thought we'd have a conker tournament next week. I have to string the conkers this weekend ready for the meeting. The girls also want to make leaf prints since they have already started to fall. We should also be able to have one more campfire with toasted marshmallows before it becomes too dark at our meeting time.

I hope the weather is good where you are.

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks and hexies look wonderful. That pumpkin fabric is fun. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! I love your star blocks! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lyndsey, dropping in from Terry's blog :) Oh my I just adore the fabrics you are using in your stars! This is going to be a scrumptious scrappy quilt :) Your orange blocks are such fun too :)

    ReplyDelete