Over the last week I haven't felt very bright. You know when you get the tickly nose and vague soreness at the back of your throat plus the headache. As a result I didn't feel much like sewing. I wanted to work on my son's Star Trek quilt but as I hadn't looked at it in a while I needed a clear head to avoid any mistakes.
Yesterday I was feeling better and so we took Scamp for a walk on Wimbledon Common. The weather here in london is lovely and warm and it was a perfect day for a walk. We walked round Queensmere. When the waterlilies are in bloom it is really beautiful. It was vey quiet on the water with only a few mallards swimming around.
We walked along the bridlepaths.
Some of the leaves are already starting to change colour and fall. Scamp found some interesting sniffs.
When we got home I cleaned my machine and spent some time stroking fabrics that I might use in future projects.
So today I started work on the Star Trek quilt. The blocks are large finishing at 24 inches and it is all squares and rectangles so no tricky triangles to worry about. I had completed one block before I put it away and also cut out all of the star trek fabric but only some of the background fabric.
I bought a selection of star trek fabric so that there would be variety in the blocks. Over the afternoon I completed another 4 blocks. I'm using 9 blocks in the quilt but the middle block is a panel of star trek fabric so I only have another 3 blocks to sew. This is planned for tomorrow. By the time I'd pieced the 4 blocks I was getting a little tired and managed to sew one seam the wrong way round. A quick bit of unpicking and the problem was soon made good. This was a good time to stop as there would only have been more mistakes.
So I picked up my hexi hand stitching this evening as I settled down to watch a programme I'd recorded from the TV. Scamp climbed on my lap and we had a relaxing time. Over the week I've put together my yellow hexis for the Rainbow Scrap challenge and I'll machine applique it to the background tomorrow. Here's the partially finished piece.
I'm playing catch up with the hexi blocks as I still have the red one to do but I am currently working on the orange block for this month. It should be ready to applique to the backgound tomorrow. Once I've caught up on these blocks I'm back to working on my 'It's a dogs life' blocks. I haven't done any stitching on this quilt since April
Today has been a good sewing day. I hope you've had a good Sunday.