Friday 18 November 2016

Advent Calendar

Time for Finish it up Friday and for the second week running I have a finish. I'm very happy about getting back to completing some of my projects. Several have been around for quite a while and this advent calendar is on that list. Last year Kathryn asked me if I would make one for her and I thought I would get it finish quickly. However life happened and it wasn't finished in time and so it went into storage until last weekend went I rescued it and set about completing it.


The advent calendar was made from a panel. The pockets have to be folded and stitched on. The finished top was sandwiched with wadding and a backing fabric and lightly quilted. I finished the binding earlier today. I've added a sleeve so it can be hung up and all I now need to do is to buy sweets to fill the pockets. 

I thought I was going to have a second finish as I've been working on the bunny cushion but I've just got a couple of things to do to complete it. I will sort out the final bits on Sunday. Unfortunately I'm out tomorrow as I'm teaching a first aid course and so I'm losing stitching time this weekend. I'm hoping to get to work on the mini nine patch quilt tomorrow evening and get this to finished top stage. I've made a heap more blocks and I think I've got enough to piece together.


I'm linking this post with Amanda Jean from Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday. Here's hoping for another finish next week.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Always nice to have a finish and this one is lovely. The blocks are very nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Advent Calendar. It is beautiful. I love those nine-patch blocks also. They are so colorful.

    ReplyDelete