Sunday 19 February 2017

A bit of an odd week.

This last week has been a little 'odd'. Odd in that it's been almost normal but with a slight shift. I went into work for two days and worked from home on my third day so from a work point of view it was fairly standard. It was half term so we didn't have Rainbows, Brownies and Guides which was a nice rest. We walked the dog over the common, twice in beautiful early Spring sunshine that warmed us as we walked but the 'odd' was ever present. The odd was a niggling worry as I monitored how I felt and watched for side effects and signs of infection. Odd because I couldn't settle to do anything in my down time and so I didn't really move any of my projects forward but mostly odd because I didn't feel how everyone told me I would feel. So this weekend it stopped being odd as I stopped waiting for things to happen and just got on with my life.

Yesterday Kathryn, Lucy and I headed for Kingston upon Thames for a girls shopping trip. We haven't had one in ages so this one had to include morning coffee, lunch and shopping. We didn't buy much in the end but had a good look round the shops and enjoyed lunch at Wagamama's. I finally got some lining that I liked for my green jacket having decided the one I'd ordered wasn't right. I also chose the buttons so later this week I can hopefully get it finished. After our trip we headed home to cook dinner and to enjoy a very lively family evening.

I wanted to get at least 4 blocks made for my Austen Family Album quilt but I only completed 1 however I was really pleased with how the frame around the central block worked. I made a very similar block a couple of years back and found it very difficult  but I've learnt a lot since then and this went together easily. I did however have to undo the seam on the bottom right as the points of the star weren't matching up. You can see how off it is (the 3 o clock position) This is now dealt with and matches perfectly - thank goodness for the unpicking tool.


Today I've been doing a little slow knitting on a sleeve for John's jumper. The wool for this is beautiful to knit with and is just so soft. 


The front and back of the jumper are in stocking stitch but you can just see in the middle of this picture that in the middle of the sleeve there is a section of knit 2 purl 2 rib that continues all the way up the sleeve from the ribbing. I should have this sleeve finished this week.

I've had a lot of marking to get done so I haven't had time to do any work on Charlotte this week or to finish stitching the binding onto the 'It's a dog's life' quilt but it is almost finished.

Work on the house has moved forward in leaps and bounds this week. John has been laying the bamboo flooring in the dining room, living room and hallway. This is all done but he is still finishing off the edging. It looks so good. We got quotes this week for our windows and we have now decided on a company and placed an order. The windows will all be individually made and will take several weeks to do. It's all very exciting and I'm looking forward to it being completed. By the time it is all done it will be two and a half years since we started. I'm looking forward to being able to show you what we've done.

I'm linking this post with Kathy's  Slow stitching Sunday Dopop over and check out what everyone has been up to.

Lyndsey

1 comment:

  1. Your Austen Family Album block looks great, I am anxious to see your finished jacket. I always think the buttons give it that finishing touch. You are in my thoughts often I had very much the same thoughts and feelings you are having during my cancer journey. I am so glad you got out and enjoyed yourself. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete