Wednesday 22 August 2018

Fabulous Freebies Blog Hop


Oh dear work went a little mental earlier this week and I run out of time to finish my post for the fabulous freebies blog hop. I've always been told that late is better than never so here are some of my projects created from freebie patterns.

Way back when I first started blogging  in 2012 I posted about this little fella that I knitted for a friend's baby It was quick and easy to make and used up some left over yarn from a previous project. So not only was the pattern free from Lion Brand but the materials were free as well.


Although I knitted this 6 years ago it's still a favourite toy of Isabelle's. I also made a quilt for her using a free pattern from the internet. Until this point I had only done English Paper piecing quilts so I'd search for some quilt blocks and decided to make this one as it looked easy. The quilt worked really well but after finishing it I found out how tricky it is to match seams and keep te points nice and sharp..



Around the same time I used the free pattern from Project Linus to knit several preterm baby blankets for donation. In total I made 10 blankets. The pattern is quick and easy to knit, a pattern you can easily follow while watching a TV programme.


One of my favourite freebie patterns came as a quilt along from Melissa at Happy Quilting. Her summer quilt along was for a Tetris quilt and it was such fun to make. My older daughter owns this quilt now.



I made this quilt completely from scraps and it's so bright and cheerful. The fun part with this quilt was that we were given the Tetris shapes and we could choose the colour and fit them into the grid however we wanted.

My last freebies are part of my collection of free gifts that come attached to the cover of magazines. I am the only person in my friendship group who likes to stitch these little patterns so many friends regularly send them to me. They are great for birthday or Christmas cards. 


Freebies are always a winner. Why not go and visit the other people posting today.

Lyndsey

14 comments:

  1. What a great collection of freebies! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute projects.... and a nice variety too. Thanks for showing these great freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cute little projects. Something I actually could get done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice projects. Those baby knit blankets are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you did inspire us all. Your knitting is absolutely gorgeous. I do love that little knit bunny. Perfect little baby gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your knit baby blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great projects! I especially like your Tetris quilt. What a perfect quilt to use up scraps. Your knitted projects are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute projects today Lyndsey, they look not only fun for kids, but for adults also. I can't imagine any child wouldn't love the crocheted rabbit.. such a fun color to crochet that in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your freebies are really sweet and I admire your knitting! The tetris idea is great, I'm sure that was fun to layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm late to the party, but better late than never for sure. Thank you for sharing all the freebies. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have made Scottish oat cakes all my married days...my mil was from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia with Scottish ties and these were a staple for the coal miners to have in their lunches. Not requiring eggs made them easy to make. I love them especially with a big cup of tea.
    Love this review of all the lovely things you have made from free patterns. How great to reflect on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many lovely freebie ideas! I'd like to try out the baby blankets, they look lovely.. thanks so much for this great post! xx

    ReplyDelete