Sunday 2 September 2018

Slow Sunday stitching




Today is slow Sunday stitching Sunday and instead I seem to have been tied to my computer doing work. One of these days work will slow down and I'll have more sewing time or maybe I'll just retire. I haven't been doing any interesting sewing this week as I had a lot of repair work to do. If one button comes of a blouse or a shirt then buttons on other items seem to think it's an invitation to drop off as well. Don't get me started on having to change a zip! Putting a zip into an item you're making is nice and straightforward but when one breaks it's a pain having to replace it. Anyway all my buttons and zips are now in full working order and hopefully nothing will need repairing in the next week or two.

When I've finished this post I am going to watch an episode of Vera and do some hand stitching. I've finished the two bag ladies I was working on, mostly because I took them to work and spent my lunch break stitching. . It makes a nice stress reduction time in the middle of the day. I left my stitching in my desk drawer so I'll post a picture of them later this week. For this month I'm going to work on my Christmas tree cross stitch when I have time at home. Here's where I'd got to when I last worked on it.


I'll also work on the next bag lady during breaks at work. I can't remember what her name is. 


I'm taking part in the quilters meet and greet which starts on Tuesday 4th at 8 a.m. Atlantic time. It will be a great opportunity to meet some new quilters. There also a grand draw to enter.


I'm linking this post with Kathy for her Slow Sunday Stitching  Why not visit to see what everyone's been working on.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. I hear you about replacing zippers. You might as well undo the entire garment!! Your bag ladies are just fabulous. See you at the Meet and Greet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have to replace a zipper, the whole item around it gets replaced as well. I believe your next bag lady is Matilda, if memory serves. One of these days I’ll get my bag ladies sewn into a quilt. For now, they’re just sitting in a box.

    ReplyDelete