Earlier this month I shared a photo of a blouse I was making. I hadn't got very far with it
Spurred on by this success I've cut out the pattern pieces for a summer dress. I think that's the reason the hot summer weather has gone to be replaced with heavy rain! Hopefully the sun will be back once I've got it finished.
I've also been doing repairs and alterations for my daughter. She had bought this top online but the shoulder pads are much bigger than she expected. They give her huge shoulders, so she asked me to remove them. That was a nice straightforward job.
I also realised that I'd never shown the photo of the completed baby quilt I made a while back. The last phot I posted was without the binding. This is the only photo I have of the completed quilt as it has now gone to its new owner.
I love stripes as binding and this pattern works just as well.
Back in April my younger daughter was 30 and I shared with you the afternoon tea party we had outdoors at older daughter's home. Kathryn had bought 4 large helium balloons to make up for the second covid restricted birthday her sister was having. There was a 3 and a 0 plus a unicorn and a narwhale. The day was rather windy and they got blown around but they were well tied down. We got the balloons home and they stayed in the living room. Three balloons soon lost height and eventually came to rest on the floor but the 0 kept on going Finally on June 18th, two months after Lucy's birthday it lost it's fight to stay on the ceiling and floated round the room
Finally, today it gave up the fight completely. Without the 4 balloons everything has returned to normal.
Yesterday, Sunday, I finally completed the May Pride and Prejudice block. I haven't drawn out the June block yet but I have time to do that and get the block stitched. Sorry it's all crumpled but I didn't have the time or energy to get the iron out.
I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday stitching