Thursday 2 December 2021

December Goal

This year has flown by and here we are in December. Don't bother asking if I'm ready for Christmas, because I'm not. I suddenly realised today just how close it was and that almost caused a major meltdown. I needed to do something to calm my nerves as I worked out what I have to do to be ready. To help me chill out I decided to prep some more embroidery. There are 12 stitcheries in the Noah's ark pattern, so I had 11 to choose from.  John liked the two penguins and so I traced this one out first.


I used my red frixon pen to trace the pattern after I had increased the size to 160%. I decided I needed a second pattern as I have holiday booked over the Christmas period, giving me more time for stitching! For the second piece I chose the tortoises and birds.


I've pulled the threads I need for both of these and will be starting the stitching tomorrow. 



My goal for December is to complete both of these pieces of embroidery. i should be able to complete both pieces with time to spare. I am linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for her One monthly goal Link up party 

Tomorrow I will have some time to get the machine out and finish off some sewing. I want to do some quilting but I also want to start another project.

Take care

Lyndsey



1 comment:

  1. Christmas is coming, but dont panic! Seems to be galloping up quickly to all of us. I like to take stitchery projects away on holidays too, plus knitting as well. If I'm too busy, having too much fun, it doesn't necessarily get done, but it's good to have for those quiet times. I'm interested to see your Noah project, can you share a photo of the pattern please?

    ReplyDelete