Monday 3 January 2022

A new year and new beginnings.

 I'm not sure I'm ready for 2022 as I have so many half finished projects from last year cluttering up my storage cupboard and my brain, that its difficult sorting out priorities for the year. There is one priority that must be finished and that is the Noah's Ark embroideries and quilt. Older daughter Kathryn and her partner Oliver, otherwise known as Katy and Olly are expecting their first child in early May and this quilt is for the baby. They had a scan last week and know the baby is a boy. So far on this quilt I've finished the elephants. Sorry still using the old photo which was taken before I pressed the piece.


I had copied out the patterns for the penguins and also the tortoises. My December goal was to complete both these pieces but that didn't happen. That means I have a lot to get done to complete this quilt in time. I'm hoping my grandson will follow in his mother's footsteps and arrive two weeks late, just so I get some extra sewing time to get it finished.

Today is Sunday and therefore a slow stitching day. My aim is to work on the penguins and see how far I get. This is a small piece and I've already done the frame around it.


I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. This is the first for 2022 and this is a link up I always try and join in with.

Take care

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. A new baby in the family & may I ask if this is your first grandchild? Look forward to seeing what the quilt will be like finished. Take care & hugs. Oh, & congrats to the parents to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, a new arrival coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Lyndsey! Your first grandchild on the way is BIG news. Best of luck with the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to have a new grandchild to make things for! The animals are very cute.

    ReplyDelete