Monday 30 May 2022

A rollercoster time.

Since I last posted life has been a bit of a rollercoster, with good and bad bits. Unfortunately my older brother, Ian died from sepsis. He was quite unwell at Christmas and spent time in hospital  with pneumonia. Since then he hadn't been particularly well. We had been planning on visiting him during my holiday, which is this week. Sadly he died before I got to see him. His funeral is on the 15th June which seems a long time to wait and I'm not sure why it is so delayed. I've never posted a photo of Ian so I'll hunt one out.

Last Tuesday Katy was due to have an induction of labour starting at 5 p.m. In the end they started it at 2 a.m. on Wednesday morning! It was a balloon induction and when they removed the balloon she had a very quick labour with little one being born at 7:15p.m. or there abouts that evening. It was all rather traumatic as his heart rate started to drop, so they used forceps and Katy lost rather a lot of blood, but both mother and baby are doing well. So here is an overload of baby pictures of Aubrey William. The first one is proud Dad Oliver plus baby quite soon after he was born.


The following morning he was very alert but a little grumpy.


He was 8 pounds 2 ounces but the new born size baby clothes seem rather large on him.

He likes his Moses basket for snoozing. I'm pleased I got the lining finished in time.


The blanket was also finished and is already in use.


The other baby in the family, one 15 week old puppy is growing fast and now enjoys going out for walks, although getting her into her harness is still a little tricky. She knows the harness means a walk but is so eager to go out she fights the whole preparation process. Here she is flaked out on the floor after a walk. She likes to pull her blanket and any toys out of her basket and then sleep on the floor.


The plastic box has replaced my knitting bag for the moment as Missy loves to play and bite wool. However she is good when I sit at the table to use the sewing machine. She settles herself on my feet. It's a good job I can operate it without the foot peddle.

Today is a sewing day but I have a dental check up this afternoon and I'm taking Lucy to visit her nephew later so I'm not sure how much will get done. I have a couple of pieces of work I want to get finished but otherwise this is strictly a sewing week holiday.

Take care

Lyndsey


2 comments:

  1. Congrats to the new parents and to you now being a grandmother. Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope Lucy enjoys meeting her new nephew. The basket and rug both look lovely. Take care and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm so sorry about your brother. I lost my only brother in 2003, and I still miss him. Congratulations on the new baby. Circle of life, right?

    ReplyDelete