Wednesday 11 May 2022

It's been a while

It's been a while since I last posted anything, but life and a puppy got in the way. I had completely forgotten how time consuming young animals are and consequently how tiring they can be. Missy is now 12 weeks old and has had her vaccinations . She should have been kept indoors until Friday but this morning she was so full of energy that I cracked and took her out for her first walk. She is now flat out asleep at my feet. She has so much energy that no amount of playing was wearing her out and the only answer was a walk. We didn't go very far but it took a while as there were a lot of sniffs she was fascinated by and there were noises and sights she hadn't seen before. Currently there is building work going on quite near us and as we started our walk they started a heavy machine up. Missy's tail went down and she wouldn't move until she realised that whatever it was causing the noise wasn't near her. After that she coped well with strange sounds and with the passing cars.

I have been able to get on with some sewing and knitting but not a lot. I started sewing the blocks for the Noah's Ark quilt together. 


I'm using rainbow colours between the blocks. The next row across will be red. I still have the rainbow block to stitch then I can put the whole quilt together.

In the evenings I have been getting on with knitting the baby blanket. I still have a little way to go to finish it.


I love this pattern and it works well in red. Even though I only get to knit for about half an hour a night, I should be able to finish this by the weekend.

At the weekend John and I were away. We visited my favourite quilt shop which had a show of quilts made by men. I need to take the photos off the camera and then I be able to show you. I will do that when I get home this evening and so I'll be able to post them tomorrow. I did buy a fun quilt pattern whilst I was there.


This pattern will work really well with scraps and I have a big supply of them. It should be fun to work on as well. 

I need to make a lining for the Moses basket my daughter has been given. This will involve a quick trip to a fabric shop as I don't have sufficient appropriate fabric, (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.) I also took time out to shop my stash for fabric to make two summer dresses. The dress making form is set at my measurements and all I need is some time without Little Missy to pin the pattern pieces on to check if I need to make any alterations to the pattern.

Take care

Lyndsey

3 comments:

  1. Noah's Ark is coming along nicely & would love to see Missy sitting at your feet. She sounds a very gorgeous little dog. That blanket is going to be a beauty & I look forward to your next post and finding out where the quilt shop was. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new puppy, how sweet. Busy, busy little things, which take up so much time! How long till the new baby arrives? The little blanket is so pretty, I've never knitted a baby blanket before myself. And Noah's Ark is looking great, I'm going to be starting that one myself, soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Lyndsey! Thanks for checking in with an update. Noah's Ark is coming together well. Best of luck on finishing off the blanket!

    ReplyDelete