Sunday 22 May 2022

Some sewing and some knitting.

I love batik fabrics especially the bright jewel colours. They are perfect for the butterflies on the baby quilt I'm making.  This weekend I was determined to do some sewing and this morning I made a start on the butterflies. I had cut a template from thick card.

I started by cutting all the butterfly bodies and attaching them to the background fabric.


Using the wing templates I cut the wings for the first four butterflies.

I love the bright colours of the batiks. I stopped at this point as I needed to make a liner for the Moses basket Kathryn had been given. I wanted to ensure that all the seams were enclosed so made the liner double thickness. The most difficult part was making sure I sewed the two pieces together correctly so I could turn it right sides out through the openings left for the handles. I wanted to use red ribbon for the ties but didn't have sufficient so used blue check ribbon instead. I'm pleased with the result. It should make a cosy bed for the baby's first few months.

This evening I have been working on the baby blanket and almost finished it. I have 4 more rows to knit. Then I will block it to the right size so it all lays nice and flat. This will be finished tomorrow evening.


Once the baby blanket is finished I just need to finish off the baby quilt. Baby is now overdue and Kathryn will be induced later this week if he doesn't put in an appearance before then. I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching link up. 

Take care

Lyndsey



1 comment:

  1. All looking good, especially the colours in the butterflies. Not seen a Moses basket for years and I used one for my 3.. Never had that "going over" time and often wonder how people cope with it. Hope all goes well and we send our wishes for a safe birth. Take care and hugs.

    ReplyDelete