Sunday 5 June 2022

Holiday week

I realised after I read one of the comments on my post of 1st June that I hadn't written what I thought I'd written. June 1st isn't the first day of summer and I'd meant to say that the 1st June was here and soon we would have the first day of summer. Certainly the last few days haven't been anything like summer! Anyway 1st day of summer in the northern hemisphere is 21st June and with all the rain we keep having, it's certainly something to look forward to.

This week I'd booked some annual leave, very sneaky as I don't work on bank holidays so only needed 2 days to take the full week, since I only work 4 days. There was a list of things I wanted to try and get done so I knew the week would be rather tiring. First I wanted to get the last piece of stitching completed from Aubrey's quilt. That's almost done, just one more row of stitching. 


I got the butterfly quilt to a completed top stage. Over the next couple of days I need to find the fabric I've got for the backing and get the quilt sandwich made so I can quilt it over the weekend. I love this little quilt. It's so bright and happy.


 I also cut out a dress pattern on Wednesday.



and today I spent my slow stitching time sewing on the buttons and hand finishing the hem. I had hoped to have this completely finished so I could wear it to work tomorrow but I still have a bit of the hem to do. Missy needed another walk and playing with so I'll finish this tomorrow.


On Wednesday Lucy and I visited Katy, Oliver and baby Aubrey. Lucy enjoyed a cuddle with him but was very worried she would drop him. On Saturday they bought him to visit us and I was a little worried having a boisterous puppy in the house with a baby but she was very calm, quiet and very good. Missy was interested but didn't go too close. After they had gone she had a crazy 10 minutes running around the house. This was the first time Richard had seen Aubrey and he loved his cuddle with him.

On Wednesday John and I had booked to go to dinner at one of our favourite restaurants. When we arrived they didn't have our booking. It appears one of the part time staff hadn't written it down. The evening was also a wine tasting. The owners found us a table and we had a fabulous evening. The food was very good, the wine delightful and the whole evening turned into a party. We got home very late which meant I had a slow start to Thursday morning.

On Thursday afternoon, Lucy and I went out for afternoon tea and some shopping. It was very quiet and that suited both of us. Lucy bought a kit to make a crocheted elephant. She has never done any crocheting before so I will be teaching her how to do it over the next few days.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching. Do pop over and see what everyone has been working on.

Take care

Lyndsey

4 comments:

  1. Your butterflies are beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay…so I read your explanation of the “first day of summer.” LOL…of course, I would *never* misspeak that way. Your dress fabric is so pretty. Seems like you’re taking some “me time” in the form of time away and dinner out. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've certainly been a busy bee & the butterfly quilt is super gorgeous. Pity about the rainy days, but ours are the same here though blowing a hooley and freezing cold, with plenty of snow already for the start of winter in the high country. Sounds like Missy was very well behaved, so that is a bonus with any puppy. Take care, have a good week and hugs from down under.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun outings! Love the new dress and the red buttons are fun!

    ReplyDelete