Sunday 19 June 2022

Playing catch up

The last four weeks have been stressful following my brothers death. Aubrey's birth has been a bright point in this time but also a little stressful as my daughter learns to care for him and cope with the hot weather we are having. A major ant invasion of their flat didn't help but John and I went over and helped her get rid of them. It took some time but all was well by the time we left. My brother's funeral was on Wednesday and it was really good to catch up with the rest of the family. 

This weekend I needed time to rest and recuperate and so John told me to get the sewing machine out and enjoy sewing.  First thing Saturday morning I sat down and planned out what I wanted to do. I have a quilt pattern I want to make and I decided to sort out the 36 fat quarters I'd need. This is a cute dinosaur pattern.


I put the fabrics in a project box. They look so pretty together. I also ordered the background fabric I need so I will be able to make a start on the quilt later this week.


Next I sorted out my black and white fabric for another pattern. I need 100 4 inch squares for this beauty. It turns out I have quite a lot of black and white fabric.


Next up was some cutting. This time I was cutting up old T shirts to make a latched rug. I cut the fabric into 4 inch lengths by half an inch. I still have a lot left to cut up before I start the rug.

Today I got the machine out and the Austen Family quilt. I have been meaning to get the quilting finished on this project for some time. I completed the quilting on 7 blocks. When I tried to get a photo, Missy decided she needed to be in the picture


This is a very large quilt and it's quite heavy work moving it around but I'm enjoying getting the blocks quilted. I love how the back of quilted blocks look.


The quilt has been bundled up for a while and before I could work on it today I had to straighten it out. Fortunately all the basting was firmly in place. I have now completed 16 of the 36 blocks. Only another 20 to go!

All the hand sewing on the Noah's Ark quilt is finished and the top will be put together over this week. The top of the butterfly quilt is finished and needs to be sandwiched and quilted. That's a job for next weekend.

Now I need to catch up on some sleep. It's much cooler tonight and so it should be more comfortable for sleeping. 

Take care

Lyndsey


2 comments:

  1. Your quilting is looking great! What a fun pattern and pretty fabrics you’ve chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the best few weeks for you, but sewing should be beneficial to your mood. Lots of projects there to be both finished and started. All look exciting & I definitely couldn't manage a large quilt under my domestic machine any more. Love Missy doing some photo bombing. Oh, not sure you can get Antrid in the UK, but it works well. We've also recently had an infestation too, but it's all clear for now. Keep cool, take care and hugs from a cold & wet down under.

    ReplyDelete