Saturday 16 July 2022

A finish and a trip

I have a finish to post. I actually finished it last week and gifted it to my colleague and friend for her baby girl. Her last day at work was last Friday and her expected due date is this weekend. We are looking forward to the email to tell us baby has been born. I hadn't quite finished stitching the binding on so I took it into work on Thursday morning and it was all finished by the time my colleague arrived. I love this pattern which is one of Connie's from Freemotion by the river. The batik's make the butterflies really pop.


I had to buy fabric for the backing as I didn't have any yardage that would work. I was pleased with the fabric I found and it looks good.


To quilt, I stitched in the ditch around the individual blocks and then stitched diagonally across the 9 patch blocks.

Now I need to get my grandson's quilt finished. I've had to do some unpicking but I hope to have the quilt top finished tomorrow. I'll post pictures once I've completed the top.

Last Friday, John and I went away to Norfolk for the weekend. The weather was warm and sunny and we had a fabulous time. I had a couple of errands to run before we could leave. I needed to pick up puppy food for Missy and mail some letters, but that meant we missed the rush hour traffic. Instead of driving straight to Norfolk and our hotel we stopped on the way at the wetland centre at Welney. When we visited last year they had a glossy ibis visiting and it was visiting again this year. Unfortunately we didn't see it and there wasn't a lot of birds to see. This little crew were on the main water.


There were also two hooper swans.


Since there weren't very many birds we took a walk around the reserve. I found this beautiful teasle. It still has some growing to do.


We spent about three hours at Welney before we resumed our journey to the hotel. On the way John told me he'd booked a boat trip for the Saturday to go and see common seals. I'd been wanting to do this for some time so I was very excited.  I'll tell you about the trip tomorrow.

The temperature has now dropped and hopefully I will be able to sleep. The temperatures are supposed to be even higher over the weekend.

Take care

Lyndsey



2 comments:

  1. Your baby quilt is adorable. Pretty backing too. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara from Cat Patches…not sure why my comment came across as “anonymous”.

      Delete