Friday 31 March 2023

March Goals


March has been another hectic month but I've managed to work on my goals and complete them. I set myself three small goals instead of just one as I had already started work on them all. My first goal was to complete my  piece for the Green Apples blog hop.  For this I had made a play mat for my grandson. 


Last time he visited we read the story of the three little pigs and played with the wooden pieces.

My second goal was to complete the bag for my cutting mats. I finished this goal earlier today and I'm really pleased with the result.


Finally I wanted to finish stitching the little bird houses from last years international month of embroidery. I like these little stitcheries. Now I need to decide how I am going to use them.


The only bit I haven't done from this set of embroideries are the words. I'm not sure if I want to use them or not. I need to give it a bit of thought. I may turn them into a little wall hanging or just a picture. I'll let you know as soon as I make my final decision.

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for the March Goals link up

I'm now on annual leave for two weeks and I have a dream of completing a lot of sewing. Today was a sewing day but I took time out to tidy my storage cupboard. I have several items that I could work on in April but I still have a bit more sorting to do before I need to make a decision. I did spend some time today doing a  repair on Richard's star trek quilt. Missy had bitten a small piece out of one side when she was younger. Richard asked me to trim the bitten piece back and then put the binding to follow the contour of the bite. It took a little time to do but he is happy with it. Fortunately Missy has stopped trying to eat things other than her food so there shouldn't be any further mishaps.

Take care

Lyndsey

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the finishes & I love the playmat idea. Happy sorting Look forward to hear about your next goal. Have a great break, take care & hugs from a cold morning down under..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two complete finishes plus the little birdhouse stitcheries, havent you done well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice progress in March, Lyndsey. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete