Tuesday 16 May 2023

Rose coloured glasses




Today is day 2 of the Rose coloured glasses blog hop. Thank you to Carol from Just Let me quilt for organising the hop. We were asked to use rose coloured fabric, inspiring words, eye glasses  or roses and to incorporate two elements if possible.

I decided to be slightly different again in that my project involves a mini quilt but also a stuffed toy. A year or maybe two years ago I made Luna Lapin for my daughter. The pattern includes her clothes and the story of the rabbit. Luna loves sewing! Here is Luna showing off her dress and coat.



I needed to make another rabbit for the grand daughter of a friend. They aren't difficult to make but they are a little fiddly. The little girl wanted a white rabbit so I got white felt and cut the pattern. The instructions are well written and easy to follow. This version of Luna has deep pink fabric for the lining of her ears and she will have blue eyes. Buttons are used as eyes but unfortunately I don't have any blue buttons of the right size. I also need to embroider her nose.


Meanwhile I made a small rabbit sized quilt that would keep her warm on a cold night. 


The little rabbit is very pleased with her quilt.


This new rabbit is called Rose and so some of the squares in her quilt have roses on them.


Meanwhile the original Luna Lapin that I made wanted to help with sewing the quilt. She was excellent with helping with the sewing machine. She also wanted to help sew on the binding. She needed to wear her glasses for that job.



I hope you liked my project. Now you need to visit the other blogs showing their projects today. Here is the full schedule.

MAY 15TH
 
MAY 16TH
 
MAY 17TH
 
MAY 18TH


Today I've been busy all day and evening so I haven't visited any of the blogs yet. I looking forward to my lunch break when I will be able to make a cup of tea and enjoying seeing what people have made. I know the projects will be fun and inspirational.

Take care

Lyndsey


23 comments:

  1. Luna is very cute!!! And that rose coloured quilt will definitely keep her warm! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable rabbits. I love the glasses on Luna. The small quilt is perfect for the rabbit, and is also very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet are Rose and Luna! I love Rose's deep pink ears and Luna's glasses. The little quilt is beautiful. I got a chuckle out of Luna wanting to help. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rabbits and quilt are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew very sweet! I'm sure it will be a much-loved bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute project for the Hop, Lyndsey!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Lyndsey this was such a sweet way to start my day. Rose is precious and a great representative for this hop. You and Luna making her, her own quilt was a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little bunnies are just adorable and I love your story telling. It is a great way to start my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luna and Rose are adorable! I love seeing them sew together, too cute, and that rosy blanket is just a perfect companion for Rose and her soon-to-be owner. Thank you sharing their story and sweet photos, Lyndsey! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made me smile and warmed my heart with your story telling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable project, Luna and Rose are darling. Great story Lyndsey, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Luna and Rose are adorable, and Rose's quilt is lovely! I love the fabrics you chose. Your storytelling was heartwarming. This was the perfect way to start my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness~ what adorable bunnies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun, sewing with 2 rabbits for company. (smile) That little quilt is so pretty and I expect was fiddly to sew also with those tiny squares. Thanks for sharing & hope the little one cherishes Rose & her quilt. Take care & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two lovely rabbits and a pretty rosy quilt! Havent you been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your project! Im sure that they'll have tons of fun as they gossip and quilt together. (Hope they'll be quiet when you're trying to sleep, LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what cute projects and love the set to the whole Hop with your post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet project. I love the mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your rabbits and mini quilt are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucky little girl....she will love her rabbit complete with her own cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. these are really adorable. Do you have the turning tools? it's a set of 3, plastic tubes with little sticks that fit inside, they are GREAT for turning limbs for stuffies!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your rabbits are too cute and they have the perfect quilt to go with them.

    ReplyDelete