Wednesday 2 October 2013

October goals

 

Here we are at the beginning of October and I need to think about what I want to achieve. In my last post I wrote about my progres on my September goals and from the point of view of A lovely year of finishes run by Melissa at Sew Bittersweet designs I was a total failure. For this you choose one goal you want to achieve and try to complete it. My goal was to quilt my 'Happy Anniversary' quilt. I have done a fair bit of the quilting but with the machine away being serviced for a week and a half I am running late. Still here goes hopefully for the final time.

Goal 1 Complete the Happy Anniversary quilt - quilting and binding and give to its' new owners.

Goal 2. Complete the baby quilt. This was a NewFO for September. The top went together very quickly.


Yesterday I purchased the backing fabric and as I already had the batting I am now ready to get on with this one.

Goal 3 Make my project for the Wicked 3 blog hop at Sew We Quilt. I know exactly what I'm making for this hop. I still need a couple of extra pieces of fabric but this will be started this weekend. My day is 29th October. This will be my NewFO for October.

Goal 4 Complete the next block of my 'Its a dog's life' embroidery. I have already started this.



I think I can complete this easily in the time and if I do then want to start to cross stitch the next square of my millennium sampler. I started this but had to unpick it as I made a major error. The problem with counted cross stitch is you need to count accurately otherwise the pattern just doesn't work. I got the count all wrong. The next square is a series of butterflys to show evolution.

Goal 5 is to complete the top of the Votes for Women quilt. This was a BOW and all the blocks have been available since August, I'm just rather behind

OK I'm being a bit of a wimp as I'm sticking at 5 goals but for once I want to try and complete them all. None of the goals is particularly large since I've already done quite a bit of work on several of them. Here's hoping for several lovely finishes this month. I'm linking up with Melissa at Sew Bittersweet Designs for the October goal setting party and Lynne at Never to hot to stitch for her 2013 The year of the finished project 

Hope you have a good Wednesday.

Lyndsey


6 comments:

  1. Hey Lyndsey, The baby quilt is really cute. And the embroidery blocks are really cute to. I'm working on some embroidery blocks to. It's good bring along hand work. I like the pin cushions and skirt in your last post. cheers, CW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's five big projects! I don't think that makes you a wimp. I think that makes you ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours you have used in the Baby Quilt! Can't wait to see your finished projects. Good Luck with your goals

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck finishing these projects. It always helps to have goals to work toward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your October goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your October goals are progressing smoothly! I am, again, way behind with blogs so am reading heaps and commenting less frequently!

    ReplyDelete