Sunday, 29 December 2013

A little post Christmas sewing


I hope you all had a lovely Christmas. Ours was peaceful and restful. The weather on Christmas day was nice and clear and not particularly cold so after a late brunch and the opening of presents we took Scamp for a long walk over the common. We always have a late Christmas dinner and this year was no exception. A really nice day with good company, good food and presents.

Yesterday I decided I needed to start my project for the ‘Wake up to Kona’ blog hop. I had several ideas in mind but all those went out of the window when we read in a Christmas card that one of our nieces had recently had a baby boy. Every baby needs their own quilt so I decided to make Edward a quilt as my blog hop project. My day is the 10th January so you will have to come back then to see what I made but here are some of the pieces cut out and ready for sewing.


DSC00380

This morning I made several of the blocks and will finish it  tomorrow. I haven't decided yet what colour I want to use for the borders.

Last night I sat and knitted whist watching Harry Potter. I've nearly finished the back of the jumper just 1 more inch to knit. Later there is a new Agatha Christie, Miss Marple mystery I want to watch so I shall hopefully be able to complete the back and also finish off this months stitching on my 'It's a dogs life' quilt block.


I started this block in November but so far have only finished the top two dogs. I need to complete 'play' and 'run'.

For now I need to go and get dinner organised. John has gone to collect Kathryn (older daughter) and boyfriend and we are going to enjoy a family meal with them. This time it is Lucy who will be missing. I guess that's the way it will be from now on.

I hope you are having a good Sunday.

Lyndsey

6 comments:

  1. I love the quality and feel of kona-pretty colors for your baby quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kona colors are so lively and fun. I love the Christie mysteries, so if you have a new one in the UK that means we'll be getting it later this year. Something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rainbow of colours -- can't wait to see what you are making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rainbow fabrics, looking forward to seeing what you have done with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swiming is the best exercise in summer and running in winter
    QA & QU

    ReplyDelete