Jenny's quilt has been all but finished for about a week. I machine stitched the binding onto the front and had started hand stitching the back when for some reason it came to a halt half way round. Yesterday morning I decided it just had to be completed so I rushed through all those other little jobs that get in the of sewing...you know the ones I mean, cleaning, doing the laundry, grocery shopping and so many more. I put an Agatha Christie recording on the TV and settled down to finish the binding. I'd already done more than half way so it wasn't a huge job and it was lovely to have it all done. This was my goal for April for A lovely year of finishes.
Taking a photo proved difficult as it was raining and no way could I take it outside. So I resorted to putting on my bed. Scamp and Picasso kept getting in the way and Scamp thought it was a huge game. Finally I managed to get one half decent photo.
I also started my April NewFO. This month it is a knitted baby blanket. One of Kathryn's friends is pregnant and baby is due in August. She knows she is having a boy and they have decided on the name Arthur. I knitted this pattern a couple of years ago for Indie's baby and it was lovely to make. Here's a photo of that blanket.
So far I've knitted the first 20 rows but I've given myself plenty of time to get this done.
I'm linking up with Richard and Tanya for Link a Finish Friday and Amandajean at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday. Now I'm off to cut the backing for the baby quilt that's near completion and hopefully that will be done for next Friday.
Have a great weekend.