Finishes have been a little thin on the ground this year so this week I decided to try and finish something........anything! The easiest thing to make were the star trek pillows for Richard. He had bought 4 fat quarters of star trek the next generation fabric and had asked if I could turn it into pillows for him.
I finished one pillow on monday evening having decided I would do an hour of sewing or knitting each evening. The pillow backs are black cotton and they have an envelope opening.
On Monday I prepared all the fabric for the 3 remaining pillows and quilted the fronts. Over the week I sewed the covers together. They went together really quickly and they look so good.
I'm very pleased with the way the pillows look and they were fun to make. They made for a quick finish. I still have a couple of pillows to make but that will be for next week.
The rest of my time this week has been spent knitting as I'm running out of time to finish knitting the baby blanket for Maria. If I knit too long at a time I end up with numb fingers so I have to be very careful.
Tomorrow is catch up time for the splendid sampler blocks and I need to get on with the quilting on the 9 patch quilt. I have 2 more busy work weeks and then I'll have more sewing time. I can't wait.
I'm linking with Amanda Jean at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday