Tuesday 12 June 2018

Circus skills

Sunday was a beautiful hot and sunny day which was great since Lucy and I spent it outside. We took some of our Rainbows to an event day at our favourite camp site. The theme of the day was circus skills with the girls making a range of crafts based around the theme and trying a variety of skills including stilt walking, juggling, riding a uni cycle and  plate spinning. The girls joined in enthusiastically with all the activities. In the afternoon we enjoyed a performance by Happy's Circus. The clown was really funny and the magician's were very good but the parts the girls loved the best were the acrobats and balancing acts.







When we got home Katy and Olly had arrive to share Sunday dinner with us. Even better they cooked! As they were both tired and working early on Monday morning I drove them home at the end of the evening. The down side was that I had no slow Sunday stitching this week. I had found time to do a little work on Earlene last week so at least the stitching had moved forward a bit.



This week Lucy and her boyfriend are travelling to Le Mans with a group of friends for the 24 hour race. The group drive there in convoy. I'm not sure how long the drive will take but I think I'd fly if I was going. It will be odd this week being just the three of us at home.

So that's it for now. I need to get some sleep. I'm hoping I'll get some sewing time over the next two days but I've got a lot of paperwork to finish first.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Love those Austen blocks and the fine embroidered quilt blocks on fabric lover’s shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful circus. I’m always amazed by the acrobatics.

    ReplyDelete