Sunday 22 July 2018

Slow Stitching

It's Sunday, a day to slow down, relax and take time to enjoy life. Time to be with family and time to really be aware of what's going on around you. Time to enjoy the things you are doing. I'm really enjoying having some slow time today. Last week was a disaster for time. There just wasn't enough of it and everything felt rushed. I think I'm getting a little too old for all the rushing involved in everyday life. Maybe this is how a hamster feels as it madly runs round its wheel...run, run run and never get anywhere! Well at least the hamster stays fit and active. All the rushing means there's limited time to eat properly so lots of snacks that just add weight and too much to do means little or no exercise time.However you will be pleased to know that I'm ever hopeful that work will slow down a bit in the near future.

This week I've had very little time for hand stitching or in fact sewing of any kind. Today I had space to make a start on a new project of hand stitching. Lucy and I run Rainbows, Brownies, Guides and Rangers and this year the programme is being renewed. This includes all the badges they can earn. Lucy and I decided that we wanted to keep a badge blanket with all the old badges that are being retired plus all the new ones. We bought one of the official brownie blankets and made sure we had all the old interest badges. 


I love that the blanket had 'Brownies' heat pressed into it. I was going to sew all the badges on as a diamond but the badges aren't all the same size so it just wouldn't work . I'm sewing them so two are sewn as diamonds and then one as a square, then two more diamonds across the side of the blanket.

This is my summer holiday project as we finished our weekly meetings last Wednesday. Most of the girls broke up from school for the holidays on Thursday. We aren't meeting again until September.It will be strange having a free evening on Wednesdays for a few weeks.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching. Why not pop over and see what everyone has been stitching.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Your work schedule slowing down sounds great, a little more time for you to do the things you love. I will look forward to seeing all you are able to accomplish. You always have such wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Brownies blanket is such a great way to display the new and retired badges, it will make a wonderful keepsake.

    ReplyDelete