Tuesday 29 October 2019

An exciting package

The last week has been such fun. Last week I was enjoying a short break in the north west with John and I still have to share the rest of our adventures with you. At the weekend John, Lucy and I were walking in Suffolk and then today I received an exciting package from Sherry in America.

As those of you who have been following my blog for a while know, in 2017 I was treated for breast cancer. As part of that treatment I had a mastectomy and since then I have been using a breast prosthesis. The prosthesis is OK but particularly when it's hot the skin underneath it can get a little sore.  A little while back I received an email from Sherry who asked if I would mind if she knitted a prosthesis for me. She assured me it would feel really comfortable and of course I said yes. Sherry, thank you, it feels amazing, so comfortable and I love it.  I'm not posting a photo of the prosthesis as you never know who may be popping in to visit, and I don't want to encourage any unwanted followers! 

Along with the prosthesis, this gorgeous collection of fat quarters was snuggling in the box all tied up with the tape measure tape.



I love the colours and patterns and I have a project in the planning stage where they will be used. 

That wasn't all that came in my package, how about these cute little quilted mats. The machine reminds me of my mothers old black and gold singer. I love the embroidery on this mat. This one is going to be used when I'm sewing.


This one caused a laugh from my family as it's so appropriate for me. I never stop talking about my love of tea. Sorry all you coffee lovers but it does nothing for me, I'll take a cup of tea any day.


This one is so pretty and the stitching is beautiful. The tree decorations are tiny beads and the house looks just like a little gingerbread house. I should have taken a photo of the backing fabric as it has ginger bread men on it.

This final one reminds me of a typical British summer with the weather completely unable to make up it's mind. Puddles, wind and blue sky. On this one the backing fabric has wellies on it.


I'll tell you about the rest of my short break tomorrow and update you on my October goal. Talking of October where did it go? It seems to have whizzed by and Christmas will be here far too quickly. I have projects I must get made for Christmas so I need to get a wriggle on. Help I need a few extra hours in the day.

Lyndsey

2 comments:

  1. Happy you enjoyed your little package. I will look forward to seeing the project you make with the fat quarters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...what a fun package to open, and what a wonderful friend to make the prosthesis for you. Glad it’s working better for you.

    ReplyDelete