Wednesday 7 October 2020

October monthly goal

The last two days have been interesting as I have been in work to teach face to face. The campus is well laid out with one way systems in place. In the classroom there are marking on the floor to ensure the students seats are social distanced and the computer desk has a perplex screen. I was pleasantly surprised with the layout and my new student intake were very impressed. It all felt doable and won't really affect the different teaching strategies i.e lecture, group work etc. I'm not so impressed with the commute. I've been using my travel time for stitching or drawing and it's been far more fun than sitting in a traffic jam. I only have to go into work for face to face teaching and that will be alternate weeks so I'll still have extra 'me' time 

So here we are in October and it's time to set a goal for the month. The monthly link up party has been great as I've finished several projects. I love the October button with the pumpkin and spider.



I have several projects I want to get finished and it took me a little while to work out what I wanted to try and complete. I started a table centre/topper for the 'Christmas then and now' blog hop. I didn't finish it but was very close. I put the project away for a while as I didn't have sufficient fabric to finish so needed to visit a quilt shop. I've now done that so I can add the remaining pieces and get this quilted. This is how far I've got.


This will be my main goal for October. I also want my millennium sampler finished before the end of the year. I've been working on this for 20 years so I need it done and dusted. With this project I'm just aiming to spend all my hand stitching time working on it and see how far I get.

I also have a repair job to do on Richard's Star Trek quilt. Since I made this quilt he has used it everyday on his bed but it also gets taken out when meeting up with friends for picnics. He even takes it on holiday with him. It goes through the washing machine on a very regular basis and the binding has gone in several places. I promised him I would renew the binding and that hopefully I could do it this month.



Today I am working from home so I will be getting my sewing machine out during my lunch break just for a bit of a chill out. This evening I am going swimming with Katy and Lucy. Katy has already visited the pool and feels comfortable with the lay out and numbers of people. 

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for October Link up of one monthly goal.

Now to get on with some work for the day.

Lyndsey


4 comments:

  1. That’s sweet that Richard enjoys his quilt so much. I was listening to two students talking about face-to-face learning yesterday. They described some of the things you mentioned. I hope it all works out. We’ve had reports of people in the UK acting as silly as people here in the USA. It hasn’t gone well for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about how much Richard (grandson?) loves and uses his quilt so much, just how we quilters like it! Keep safe at work, although it seems that there are good procedures in place. Guess the commute can be risky too, do you go on the train/tube? And wear a mask too while traveling, I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that layout on the xmas project! Looks like fun. I'm always flattered when a quilt I've made and gifted shows signs of wear. It means it's Well loved and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete