Monday 12 October 2020

Stitching on Sunday.

Today was a fun day which started with a long walk around the common. It has got quite cold in London over the last few days and yesterday when we tried to take Scamp for a walk he dug his paws in and refused to move. We'd only walked about a hundred yards so we took him home and John and I walked. Today I put his knitted coat on him and he was very happy to be going out. It wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been as there were a lot of people out and about and no one was socially distancing.  We cut a chunk off the common from our route as the area has very narrow paths. The walk was enjoyable and the sun was shining. 

When we got home I sorted out the laundry. I had put the washing machine on before we left for the walk and it had finished so was ready to be hung on the line. Then I made a rye loaf and a wholemeal chocolate cake. The whole house smelt delicious. I want to make chocolate frosting but I need icing sugar so the cake will be finished tomorrow.

Next I set up the quilt sandwich for my Christmas table topper before I started some hand stitching. I had to join the backing fabric but had enough wadding. 


This one is now ready for quilting once I decide what I want to do.

I prepped a few more hexies ready to stitch into the flowers and then I added 3 flowers to the quilt.


I'm having a bit of a panic as I can't find the Beatrix Potter fabric for the centres. There is one each of the seven rainbow colour flowers and then two with characters from the books by Potter. I've no doubt it will turn up but I want to find it now! I think this week my hand stitching will continue to be the Grandmother's garden quilt. I'm enjoying seeing it grow.

I'm linking this post with Kathy from Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching

Today I've been into work to meet with some students and I'm tired. To relax I'm going to do some sewing and I'll do a little more work later. Now what shall I work on?

Lyndsey
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting your holiday quilt all layered up! Choosing a stitching design is always the hardest part for me. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete