Saturday 31 October 2020

October monthly goal completed.

The week seems to have flown by. Work has taken more time than it should but then anyone who teaches, at any level, will tell you there is more to do than fits in the working day. I think it's probably true of a lot of jobs. Work has also been fun recently with the opportunity to teach the students face to face. On line is good, and gives me extra time due to no commute, but it's anywhere near as much fun as teaching face to face. The students are so much happier as well. Although it's been a normal busy week I have managed to get some sewing squeezed into the gaps.


My goal for October was to finish my Christmas table topper. I had needed some fabric to finish it and that duly arrived just before the start of the month. Here is the photo I showed at the start of the month.


This has now become a finished top and has been quilted. This was the pre quilting photo.


It almost didn't get quilted as Picasso decided it was his quilt and wouldn't budge. he is such a lovely cat. He looks more kitten like here which is interesting since he's 17 or 18 years old. Anyway I got the quilting done and I've added the binding.

Last night I sat and stitched the binding to the back and my one monthly goal for October was completed.  I quilted in the ditch around the gold square and around the inside and outside of the red square. I also stitched in the ditch around the other pieces. This was done using monofilament on the top and gold thread on the bobbin. I echo stitched around the holly using white thread on the top. I wanted the fabric to do the talking not the quilting.


I had to take the photo on the floor as there was a puzzle on the table. John and I completed this on Friday.


Lucy had been making a 3000 piece puzzle and also completed it this week. Lucy loves her puzzles but prefers to work on them alone.


I worked on a couple of other projects over the month but I'll tell you about that in another post.

I'm linking this post with Patty from Elm Street Quilts for her One Monthly Goal finish up link.

Happy Halloween to you all.

Lyndsey


4 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish. We love puzzles too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on meeting your goal, Lyndsey!! Love that little quilt, as it will surely brighten your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out so pretty. I love the holly leaves in the corners. Looks like Picasso has claimed it.

    ReplyDelete